Wednesday, May 2, 2007

3D chat environment!!!---week 8

Now, in the information age, we use kinds of chat system on-line to communicate with friends and family, like MSN massager, OICQ, Skype, and etc. and I think, now, 3D chat environment is the newest chat system for people, especially for youth. But actually, I just know a little about 3D chats before this tutorial, and never use. For me, MSN massager is the most popular communication on-line. I thought, probably, MSN was the easiest way and best way to chat on internet before. But today, I change my mind. After I found the 3D chat information for this tutorial task, I feel there are big differences with other chat communications.

3D chat, as well as called IMVU, which is like a graphical chatting system. It is easy to use. You just need to register the name and write down your personal details, to get a homepage, for your chat, the same as MSN massager. The first difference is you can choose your image, like hair, eyes, face, clothes, which you like. I tried it in this tutorial, it was very funny. In MSN, I just can choose the simple head for my image.

The high quality audio and video as the second difference, I think. As if we sitting in the real place, like park, concert, museum, when we are chatting with other people. Also, the people that we talk with are different. We often talk with the familiar friend in MSN. But the most of people we talk in 3D chat room are stranger.

Another big difference is 3D chat system has its own credit. It means you can sell your virtual stuff, like your hair, clothes, whatever you want. It is more like a game. You can enjoy it in 3D chat environment. So I think 3D chat environment will be a most popular chat communication latter, because it is easier to use and more interesting than other kinds of chatting system.

No comments: