Thursday, May 31, 2007

week 13 ^^

This is the last tutorial task and also almost near the end of this semester. For me, this semester is full of the challenge, because it is not only my first year of uni life, but also my first year leaving home, China. I didn't think I can learn the programs, like Word, Excel, in my course. But actually, I did. And I think this is more difficult for me, because I need to translate the function’s name into Chinese from English. Anyway, I think workshop is more interesting, we can learn how to use Word, Excel, and Photoshop to show our data and pictures, and know more information about 3D chat environment which I never use before. Also, I found the interesting answer from internet, such as what is the weight of the world’s biggest pumpkin, what is the length of a giraffe’s tongue, and etc. these questions I never think that before, even though they are existed. So I think the tutorial is really interesting. For me, also, this is a good experience to practise writing. I can remember I was nervous and spend long time to finish the first tutorial task, because I didn't what I should say and worried about my grammar, spelling, and things like that. But now, I can finish a tutorial task quickly and easily. I think my English is getting better from kinds of practice.
But, anyway, I have difficulties in this course. The text book of this course is like to tell us the history, development and root of media, so has more theory. It is difficult to understand. I need to spend more time and energy on this to prepare the final exam than Australian. Also, I don't like reading the text book, it is not only difficult, but also not attract me. Some history stories, like the history of computer, internet and television, are good. But the theory is boring, I think. Probably, it is because I don't understand that clearly. So I hope the tutors can explain more theory in the tutorial class latter.
Thank you Adam ^^

No comments: