Sunday, May 27, 2007

week 10---(Microsoft Word--tutorial task catch^^)

Complete the Exercises below, and then write a report in your blog about your experience doing the exercises; were there any problems? What were your solutions? Did you find it too simple, or was it confusing? Can you see how this software might be useful to you?

This is the catching of week 10 tutorial task. Microsoft Word is one of the most frequent Microsoft Office programs that people use. Like us, we use that to write essay, case study, job letter, and the things like that. I thought Microsoft Word is the easiest program before, because it just can be served on writing. But, actually, it is not. When I do this tutorial, I feel it is very easy, because I think everyone knows how to bold the font, increase the font-size, and underline the words. So in the beginning of these steps, like bold, italics, underline, and double space, even though the track changes, I finish these easily. But for the advanced exercise, mail merge, I confuse with that, because I never knew this function in Microsoft Word before, even to use that. I feel I can finish the basic exercise easily, both of Microsoft Word and Excel. But for the Excel, I confused with advanced exercise as well. (I catch this tutorial task on week 12, so for me, I do the Excel first). Back to the Word, I try to use the function of mail merge for couple of times, because this is the first time I use that, it is difficult for the student whose English is as second language. So I need to see the step very carefully. Now I can create many copies of my letters and add the new details on which letter I need. And also, each letter will have the details that I entered earlier in place of the merge fields. So I think Microsoft Word is a very useful program for people. But now, we can’t think we have known all the function of Microsoft Word, because there are many others which we don’t know yet. Those functions, usually, not only are quite convenient for our writing, but alsoa can save time for us!!

No comments: